Thursday, August 22, 2013

Sinner by Ted Dekker

           


     Let me start off this review with saying that I AM a fan of Ted Dekker, and that all of my reviews of his books that may come across as negative, has nothing to do with the author himself. Ok, so here's the summary of Sinner:

     Marsuvees Black is an evil force who speaks of a wicked persuasion that is a whole lot more destructive than swords or guns.  BEWARE ALL WHO STAND IN HIS WAY.
    
    Sinner is also the story of Billy Rediger and Darcy Lange who are two unsuspecting survivors of a terrible research project gone bad. Billy and Darcy soon discover that they may be the most powerful souls in the land.  LISTEN TO THEM OR PAY A TERRIBLE PRICE.
    
    Last, but not least, Johnny Drake, the man who leads the 3,000. FOLLOW HIM AND DIE.
   
    Sinner tells the story of a free land where people who worship as they please and say what they believe are suddenly silenced in the name of tolerance.

***Sinner, to me, was actually an okay book. Is it the greatest ever? No. Is it the worst? No. Is it a story that in some ways scare me? Yes. Ted Dekker is an excellent author and has a way with making me worry about what the future may hold for Christians and any other person with religious views. I love how Dekker always does the whole 'Good vs. Evil' thing. And in all honesty, I believe Sinner is the best one so far. I will admit, however, that there were some times in the book where I got bored. Overall, Sinner was a good book and I do recommend it to any Ted Dekker fans or to anyone just becoming interested in his books.


Mrs. Lacey

For more information on this book or the author, please click here


No comments:

Post a Comment